Wednesday 29 February 2012

Starry Eyed

My friend came up with the idea of star-studding a pair of black levis after seeing the ones Coal n Terry Vintage are selling here, their site has some amazing pieces (I really want the Stars n Stripes tube top!) and is brilliant for inspiration if you don't have the money and like a little DIY. After buying a pack of 50 star studs for roughly £2 (you can get them here) she got me over to help her. We positioned the studs beforehand to check they looked right and then I studded away. Some of the studs didn't end up in the right place to start off with, but I didn't bend the spikes over until we were completely happy with the way they looked and then used some scissors secure them.
Here's the finished look! I absolutely love them and am gutted they're not mine aha, although my friend has promised that I can borrow them soon and I can't wait :) the best thing is that they cost less than a £10er! Next time I'm in Bristol I think we're going to fray the edges- cheese grater at the ready...

15 comments:

  1. wow, these look amazing! gutted they're not yours though haha :( you should try out some more like this, would love to see them :)
    http://vckyv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, so cool!
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're amazing, love those studs, haven't won lottery yet but we will, remain hopeful.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing, such a good idea! Can't wait for the weekend, are you going to the bloggers meal thingy in london? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look awesome! I might have to have a go at this myself... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look amazing! I've been going a bit stud crazy recently.. might add star studs to my list! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing, need to get myself a cheapy pair of shorts and try this out!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look amazing! such an easy way to liven them up! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so perfect, Such a good idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great DIY!I love how it looks also love your style and nail art work :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. really cute idea, love the gold stars against the blue xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look bloody good; wouldn't have suspected you'd done it yourself! Wonderful job. I don't own one studded thing but I'm seriously considering doing my own DIY after all the beautiful posts I've seen recently! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look amazing! I'd be so gutted they weren't mine, you should do yourself a pair! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fab idea, I must try this!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing what you have to say ツ